Until recently I mostly eschewed podcasts. I only listen to the local NPR radio station as part of my morning alarm or driving somewhere. Podcasts were often how I listened to the whole episode for something that was interesting. I did not really subscribe so much as list them and occasionally check for something.
A couple years ago I did start more actively listening. About a year ago I started looking for new content. Like all things that I do, I over extended myself. I am at the point where I need to cull. There is no way that I am ever going to listen to all these podcasts, so I need to decide which to keep and which to ditch.
So here is my list at the moment categorized into genres:
- Culture & Society & History
- Current Events / News / Politics
- Hidden Brain (backlogged 8 hours)
- Science Friday (backlogged 18 hours)
- Science Magazine (backlogged 12 hours)
- Science Talk
- Science Vs
- The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe (backlogged 60 hours)
- StarTalk Radio (backlogged 14 hours)
- Technation (backlogged 31 hours)
- 60-Second Science (backlogged)
Obviously much of what I listen is influenced by NPR, which is explained by my origin. But, also FiveThirtyEight, Gimlet Media, and various science magazines.
Shows that are dead in the water, but in my backlog.
- Question of the Day (on hiatus 9/2016)
- TLDR (last updated 3/2015)
- 60-Second Space (last updated 9/2014)
- 60-Second Tech (last updated 2/2015)
Podcasts discussed Sunday that I may have to try.
- The Adventure Zone
Podcasts I noticed researching this post.
Here are ones I started listening at some point and gave up on.
- British History
- Freakonomics Radio
- Planey Money
- Reply All
- Try It, You’ll Like It
- Vox’s The Weeds
- Waking Up with Sam Harris
- Welcome to Night Vale
- 2 Dope Queens
- This has been my habit since 1998 when my human growth and development psychology professor went on a rant about how important it was.
From Podcasts published December 20, 2016 at 06:57PM.