Why ask questions? Sometimes being able to ask a good question is more important than finding a good answer.
If the video above does not work, then try How To Ask Good Questions: David Stork at TEDxStanleyPark
What makes a question the best?
- Clearly stated and unambiguous
- There must be a solution
- Solution method exists
- Improved solution methods will likely be useful
- Goes to hear of issue
- The “right” level
- Leads to new questions
- Isolate components
- Consider all attributes and combinations of attributes
- Explore missing aspects
- Consider extereme cases
- How does X depend on Y?
- How to measure?
- Transisitions from state 1 to state 2
- Invert things
- Who, what, where, why, when?
- Different “languages” (math, code)
- Different disciplines
From TED Talk: How To Ask Good Questions published September 26, 2017 at 07:22AM.