I try to set achievable, measurable resolutions.
- Read 75 books. In 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, I set the goal for 52 even though I kept reading far more.
- Hit 25,000 pages. Last year dropped below 20K, so I really need to get the average back up to something respectable.
- Finish series already started. 22 of the 75
- Lifting. I got to each by looking at the past 6 months of progress, calculating the difference and doubling it.
- Bench 240 pounds (1RM equivalent). I ended 2015 at 192 1RM. So by the above formula, I ended up with 240. That is a bit more than what I might have used for guessing at 2015’s.
- Squat 300 pounds (1RM eq). I ended 2015 at 250 1RM. That site thinks 310, so OK.
- Deadlift 335 pounds (1RM eq). I ended 2015 at 290 1RM. The formula predicted 392, but this is the one that burned me last time. That site thinks it should grow about 45, so I added that to last years.
- Drop to 20% body fat. Monitor said I was at 24.7%. Last year’s 15% was probably too ambitious for me.
- Do the White and Orange trails in under an hour. It is only a bit over 15 minute improvement. And my feet hurt for a week. Once I’ve dropped the weight, it should be easier to achieve.
- Attend 12 social events when invited. My social outlets have mostly dissolved. It probably has come time to dust off this 2011 resolution. An average of one a month should manageable.
From Resolutions 2016 published January 01, 2016 at 10:15PM.