I figured I would get back to doing quarterly reviews of progress on the resolutions for the year.
- Read 52 books. A quarter of 52 is 13 (the same as a suit in a deck of card). I am a few books ahead at 15. My Goodreads user challenge.
- Read 50% by female authors. So far only 3 are by male authors, so I am on track with 80%.
- Bench 185 pounds (1RM equivalent). My best during the past month or so is 140 1RM. That is 37 up from the 1RM back at the start of the year. Just 45 more to go.
- Squat 245 pounds (1RM eq). My best during the past month or so is 169 1RM. That is 62 up from the 1RM back at the start of the year. Just 76 more to go.
- Deadlift 300 pounds (1RM eq). Finally recently did my first deadlift and started at two 45 plates for 5 reps, which is a 151.66 1RM. Still learning form, so the weight was very manageable. Just 149 more to go.
- Drop to about 15% body fat. I did buy a set of calipers with a chart which says my suprailiac is 25.6%. Since I figured 25-30%, this is about what I expected. But I have a long way to go. Visually, I can see veins and muscle definition emerging, which is encouraging.
- Bring HIIT up to about 50-50. No progress.
- Take a trip at least 300 miles away from home. I did take a 825 mile trip for Mom’s birthday over a weekend. We went to Amelia Island and Jekyll Island. That was fun.
- Declutter Part II. Lost some of the progress made. Some of the pants now too big for me are separated out and put away. I’ll give it some time before I donate them. Started organizing and boxing the books I’ve read.
From Resolution Progress 2015: First Quarter published March 31, 2015 at 06:58AM.