Eric Floyd and Terri Brown, Georgia Southern University
- Real-Time Ellucian integration not cross-listing. Lack of quality control for release just before start of term. Hotfix soon after resolved.
- 10.2 released late (June not May) so missed between terms window. Upgrade broke real-time again, but because delayed until August got the fix before upgrade.
- Tried cloning from production to test, but decided better to copy 10 courses. (BCE, BCC tools)
- Lessons learned:
- TEST! Complexity grows with complexity of the system.
- Familiarize changes in updates. Do not rely on D2L documentation. Listen to community. heug?
- Be careful of encouraging third party tools. They can be bought and die.
- Plan to move to D2L hosting? “Right now we are the tip of the spear… When GeorgiaVIEW’s functionality catches up, then that might be a possibility.”